Driving Test Success - For Driving Instructors in the UK
Dear Driving Instructor
Here at Oxford Hypnotherapy, we have developed a digital audio CD
and cassette recording simply called 'Pass Your Driving Test'. Our product
has already been tried out by driving instructors throughout the UK and
the feedback has been extremely positive with many instructors recommending
it as an essential product for all new pupils, not just the more nervous
ones. It is now having great success in the Driving Test section of many branches of Borders and Waterstones as well as very positive reviews on Amazon.co.uk.
The recording has been produced and developed by Oxford Hynotherapy who, having worked with many
nervous drivers, have found that a specialised approach using techniques
of relaxation and mental rehearsal are extremely effective.
The recording is of a very high quality and will help your pupils develop
a much more relaxed approach to driving. It will also give an exciting
new aspect to your service and hopefully improve your pass rate too!
Below is on outline of a training course developed by Oxford Hypnotherapy
to help driving instructors with their more nervous pupils. A Professional
Development training day for all Driving instructors and advanced drivers.
This course is not being run at present but could be reintroduced in the future.
This course was designed to enable instructors to help nervous pupils
directly. It taught many techniques and exercises for improving pupil pass rates. This specialist knowledge and understanding
could help you increase your business substantially!
DRIVING TEST SUCCESS - Course content
- Stress and Anxiety Management
- What Is Stress? The physical characteristics including the 'fight
or flight' response
The cycle of stress and ways to recognise a pupil's unique physical reactions
- Factors that cause stress - it is often nothing to do with driving
- Ways to manage and avoid stress and anxiety
- Positive Thinking
- Fostering a positive attitude in your pupils
- Who is more likely to pass - the positive or the negative student?
- Anchoring - Learn specific techniques for anchoring positive thoughts
and feelings into your pupils. Even the most nervous pupils have the
occasional positive moment - help them to have more. Imagine if every
time one of your pupils were asked to read out a number plate they were
filled with an 'incredible confidence and energy!'
- Individual relaxation techniques
- Nurture the natural ability to relax
- The 'relaxation response' as an alternative to the stress response
- Designing and practising for a stress-free future
- Mental rehearsal techniques are used in many areas including sport
psychology. If a pupil can mentally rehearse success then real life
success becomes far more likely.
PASS YOUR DRIVING TEST - Resorces for Driving Test Success
A Site to Help You to Pass Your Driving Test -
Driving direction and driving school information for your driving
test & beyond - www.2pass.co.uk
The UK Driving Test Site - Run by David Joberns
- This site is about the Driving Test, and is not about learning to
drive - http://homepage.ntlworld.com/david.joberns/
The Site For UK Learner Drivers - The site for
UK Learner Drivers. Everything you need to know about learning to
drive and finding a driving school - www.learners.co.uk
The British school of Motoring Homepage - Find
a driving school or driving instructor and driving test advice - www.bsm.co.uk
Other Practical Driving Test Resources - Click Here |
Back To Main Driving Test Page |